Published at: 2022-08-13
Health Is Important
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my health with all the anxiety I have been going through.
I can say that I have not been highly healthy over the past 5 years. The main area this can be seen is because I went from 160 pounds to 240 pounds. I am now down to 205. I still have a way to go to not be in the obese category anymore. Thankfully all my other vitals like BP and blood work have stayed pretty decent, but that's not likely the long-term outlook unless I drop more weight off.
Anyways I think the point of this post is to share what I will be doing to ensure my health stays the best it can be for as long as possible.
- Continue going to therapy. Mental health plays a considerable aspect in everything, especially physical health.
- Track various stats consistently, so trends are visible.
- Currently using WHOOP to track HR and HRV as well as sleep
- Check BP once a day
- Check weight once a week
- Get blood work done every 6 months to 12 months.
- Get at least 5 hours of exercise a week.
- Mainly cardio
- Eat Healthier, avoiding mainly processed food.
- Increase fiber a lot!
- Get good sleep.
- Get a checkup once a year.
It's pretty cool that there are a lot of things that can help you track how you are doing. I plan on leveraging them as much as possible.